Thursday, November 13, 2014

DAY 10: Core Chicago Pilates


Core Chicago Pilates is located on Racine right off of Wrightwood (and near a Divvy station!) and you probably never even noticed it was there.

It's quite small, but it's two floors and I have to say that for the small size nothing felt cluttered.  I arrived about 15 minutes before my 1 o'clock class and the noon class (probably a mat class but not sure) was just finishing up their stretches.  

The instructor (owner?) immediately started to get to know me and I explained how I was a triathlete and that I can't run right now because of a bad ankle.  She also was a triathlete and she seemed to have a lot of general knowledge about triathletes and then just biomechanics in general.  

The class was just me and another girl (also using Class Pass) and we went upstairs to use the Reformers.  I think there was a 3rd Reformer as well so I am guessing the max students would ever be three for the class.  I got the impression that the other girl had been coming for a while since she and the instructor had an easy rapport. 

Immediately the instructor zeroed into my bad ankle and kept giving me corrections to try and help me get it stronger.  And I have to say this is the first time this has happened to me and I didn't leave thinking that I was a total mess and maybe I shouldn't run at all. I actually felt like this was something I could actually work on correcting.   I know I have terrible biomechanics but I do have faith that I can get stronger!

We focused a lot on our hips, which is nice because if I've been taking 2-3 Reformer classes ever week lately, I feel like maybe 1 class out of ever 2 weeks focuses on hips.  And I know that my hips need a lot of help.  None of the moves seemed too challenging and I was secretly smiling to myself when the instructor added springs on some of my moves.

This is only Day 10 but I'm already starting to feel stronger!!

As soon as I got home I searched the Core Chicago Pilates schedule, but sadly the only time I can make the beginners Reformer class is on Sundays.  That's not a terrible thing but I was hoping there would be more options!!

I highly recommend this place!!!

What's your favorite body part to work on the Reformer?  (My LEAST favorite ABS!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment