Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 6: Trio Group Equipment Centered on North

Centered on North is one of my fave Pilates Reformer Class Studios in Chicago!  I've had 3 classes so far and each instructor has been really good!

It's a pretty easy Divvy ride for me too as it's a short walk from the Sedgwick Divvy Station.  I arrived a few minutes before 6:30 just as the earlier class was ending.

It was me and 2 other ladies who were obviously regulars of the studio.  There was an easy casual conversation that was carried throughout the workout.

The class is called Trio Group Equipment so that means there is a max of 3 students in the class.  This seems like a perfect number as it allows everyone to get a little bit of attention.

We didn't do anything too crazy on the reformer and honestly Pilates is starting to feel a bit routine, which I think is good!  I know that my body definitely needs to learn muscle memory in order to make sure my biomechanics are solid.

I think every class I realize how stiff/(weak?) my calf muscles are!  Anyone know any good calf exercises??  When we did the calf stretch/push on the reformer it always feels ouchie!  

I highly recommend Centered on North for anyone that is looking for the classic pilates reformer class!  I'll definitely be using my max 3 classes per month through ClassPass!

Class ended right before 7:30 so I headed to FFC to shower, but when I got there I realized I had some time to do weights.

I've actually never been to the FFC Gold Coast branch before and I always feel discombobulated when walking into a new branch.  But I was able to find most of the equipment I needed.  I started with some ball slams.  I was reading Strength Training for Triathletes and it seems like every swim strength move was ball slams!  I'm not in love with ball slams but I'm making a point to try to do them every time I'm inside a gym.

I also did a lot of single leg exercises.  I really really need to get my ankle working again so I can run and the biggest way to do that is with strength and balance!

When you do Pilates is that your only workout of the day? Or do you pair it with cardio? strength?  yoga?  Let me know!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment