Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 4: Sana Vita Studio Pilates Equipment

After checking out the website for Sana Vita Studio I decided to try their Monday night Pilates Equipment Class.  It's over in River West so a singular bus ride from work and a singular bus ride home.  Easy Peasy!

I got to the studio about 20 minutes early and on the way I realized I hadn't even changed clothes from work!  I figured it'd be easy enough to change at the studio.  They did have a single bathroom which I used to change.

After I filled out the usual waiver paperwork I sat down at a bench by the door.  As I looked around I really noticed how cluttered this studio was.  I mean it's a small space for sure, but we don't necessarily need a large space for pilates….except there were 4 students in the class and only 3 reformers?!

So a couple got to use the reformers and then me and a veteran student were stuck with the contraption where you lie on your back and push straight up into the air.

This isn't the exact machine but the closest I could find on google.


So my head would be underneath that bar closest to the wall and then we pushed the bar straight up.   I didn't really like this AT ALL.  

The instructor then instructed all four of us but obviously since we were on two different contraptions we had two different sets of instructions.  It got a bit frantic.  

After the leg stuff, we switched to core work.  At some point during this core work I think I strained the left side of my back.  I'm not sure which move or how but I know that especially with core work I need A LOT of corrections and we were just told do The Hundred.  I was DYING during this and I've never been asked to do this one before!  

Next we took our Pilates chairs into this random empty room.  It was here that I attempted to do the chair "pull-up" and I think I almost died.  I had NO trust in myself and just kept jumping instead of pulling!  

I was thankful when the class ended after that move!  But the class also ended so abruptly!  We didn't even do a cool down or a stretch or anything?   And then the instructor was like "you'll sign up for class next Monday too right???"  

Only if there are no other Pilates classes that will fit into my schedule unfortunately.  



No comments:

Post a Comment