Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 7: Pilates Classic at Pilates Pro Works

This was my second visit to Pilates Pro Works.   The first time I went to their signature class Pilates Pro.  When I walked  in for that particular class I was told by the girl at the Front Desk that it was like Pilates on Steroids.  Needless to say I did NOT like that class.

 But, when I was looking at the Class Pass Schedule for Thursday morning I noticed that they had a Pilates Classic class listed so I had to check out the class description.


Their signature FitFormer really isn't that different from a different reformer from what little knowledge I have of regular reformers.


There were only 3 of us in the early morning class, but the room is HUGE.  Thankfully we all grabbed Fitformers near each other.  I hate it when there is a big room and someone walks in and randomly goes to the OTHER side of the room.  I just divides the instructors attention unnecessarily.

Now this workout was definitely harder than my normal Pilates Reformer Class but I also wasn't in love with it.  

For one thing when we were working our thighs I had to put my head and shoulders between the shoulder pads while still being able to lift my leg which was attached to strap and pulley.  So basically any time I lifted my leg the pulley and strap that was attached behind me was rubbing up against ME.  And the instructor had NO idea how to correct my form so I could fit on the reformer and do this move.  That was really frustrating!  

It also felt like this class was meant to feel a BURN rather than actually doing functional fitness.  Maybe I'm wrong but I like the Pilates Reformer classes that feel more like physical therapy.  I don't normally sweat in pilates and I'm not doing it for the caloric burn but rather to learn how to function from the core.  

So would I go back to Pilates Pro Works?  Maybe.  Since I'm doing this 30 day Pilates/Yoga challenge, if they had the Pilates Classic again and I didn't have any other options for my schedule I'd go. But I'm not specifically going to look for it and I wouldn't be sad if I never take another class there? 

What about you?  Why do you like Pilates?  Do you want to feel a burn?

No comments:

Post a Comment