Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 10 Part 2: Eb and Flow Yoga - Embrace Flow


I've been wanting to check out Eb & Flow Yoga mainly because the class names seem so inviting!  I signed up for Embrace Flow (Gentle to Moderate Pace).  I ALWAYS need Gentle to Moderate pace!  

Actually this class was more challenging than I thought it would be!  

Since I was running around I decided to just rent a mat for $1 at the studio.  I did bring my own yoga towel though.  The studio is located in Bucktown (and I don't really ever venture that far West), but it was easy to find and only a block away from a Divvy Station (score!!)

Before class began the instructor introduced herself to me and asked me if I had any injuries.  I thought that was great.  The room was rather long, and we were on the 3rd floor right on the street.  This is actually the first class where I noticed being able to hear street noise!  

I actually thought that this class would be more floor based but nope we were standing for most of it.  Lots of warrior poses, etc.  So the class was more of a challenge than I expected but not outside of my comfort zone.  

Overall I liked the studio.  I wish it was closer to me though!!  I'll definitely keep an eye out on the schedule and see if I can add some more classes.  They also have a new member deal of $21 for 21 days.  If this studio was in my neighborhood I'd definitely sign up for that!!  

I do have to say though that for a Sunday and end of weekend, I think I'll look for a more restorative class.  I think that I just prefer to restore my mind on a Sunday rather than embrace a physical challenge.  

It's cool that I'm learning a lot about myself and my practice!  

What about you?  When do you like to do yoga?  Do you have different days for different types of yoga classes?

No comments:

Post a Comment