Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 8: Yoga 6, Y60 Classic (L1, Hot)

I was VERY excited when I found out that I'd be able to leave work early!  So I looked on ClassPass and saw that there was a Y60 Classic class at Yoga Six (my fave yoga studio!) for 4:30 pm.!!!

The instructor was the same one that I had for Y60 Restore and she gave me a hug when she saw me.  It's always nice when an instructor remembers you!!!

I really enjoyed the Y60 Classic class A LOT.  The room was hot but not overly hot, I'm guessing it was around 85 degrees?  And the instructor was always really quick to point out moments where we could use blocks (because I always need to be using the blocks!!)

We went through the moves that now seem like second nature to me like chatarunga, tree pose, pyramid, etc. etc.  I like that while I still need work on these moves (especially the balance ones!!) I don't always feel lost in class.  I'm starting to feel like a real yogini!!!

Anyways, this class was a real confidence booster for my practice and I will surely take it again!

Afterwards, I decided to go to Barre Code and take their Burn class.   It's basically the regular barre class but in a really hot room.  I decided if I'm going to take barre I went it in a hot room because then I'll at least sweat and feel like I'm working hard!

I'm not really in love with barre and to be honest, I'm not sure how many or if any more classes I'll actually take.  I know that a lot of people LOVE barre classes, so tell me your story?  When did you start taking barre?  How long did it take to see improvements?  How do you not give up when it's really starting to burn?????

No comments:

Post a Comment