Wednesday, November 26, 2014

West Town Pilates: Classic Reformer Class Review

West Town Pilates is located at Chicago and Milwaukee and according to ClassPass is in the Goose Island neighborhood, which means it's not exactly close to me but it's not too far either.  There is a Divvy station a block away so that's always a plus!

The studio was actually recommended to me by a couple that I met at Sana Vita studio so I was eager to see if any classes fit into my schedule.  Luckily there was a 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning!

As you can tell by the pic from the website the studio is nice and airy with a bunch of windows. 

I felt like the emphasis of the class was definitely on abs (we did the Pilates 100!) as well as legs and hips.  Which of course as a runner/triathlete I really really need!  We also use the boxes on top of the reformer to help work on our balance as well. 

I enjoyed the workout and will definitely be adding this studio to my must book list.  The studio also has 2 showers and a full range of bath products.  It makes the 7 a.m. class perfect for me because I can shower at the studio and then Divvy to work and still arrive early! 

The more I take these reformer classes the more I really want my own reformer!  (As though I have the space!)  I feel like these classes are adding strength training to my regime without making me overly sore.  It's a nice complement.  

Big Sur marathon training starts 12/22 and I hope I will be able to fit Pilates classes into my routine!!!

What about you?  Do you take extra time for Pilates?  Or what other cross training do you utilize? 

No comments:

Post a Comment