Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sometime's there's just no energy left!

Yesterday was one of those days where by the time I was finished work I had NO energy.  I debated bailing on my Computrainer class or not, but in the end I still went.  And I'm still debating if that was the right idea or not!

Let's back up a little bit with how my day started…..

Today is Day 20 of my lil Pilates/Yoga challenge.  Normally on Wednesdays after work I swim a bit before my 7:30 Computrainer session.  That meant I HAD to do either Pilates or Yoga in the morning.

That's where I started to play around with Class Pass and was trying to find the perfect morning class. Except there was no perfect morning class!  There was a 5:45 a.m. class at a studio I've been to but…hello!  5:45!  And there was a 7 a.m. class at an unknown studio that wasn't near any FFC so that meant I wasn't sure about the whole shower situation.

So, like duh, I finally remembered oh yeah I belong to FFC lemme look there.  Well, there IS a 6 a.m. yoga class at the East Lakeview location (I've taken it before, and didn't really love it).  So I started thinking about the 5:45 a.m. one again….and then I just decided to go to the FFC one and if I missed it I'd figure out something different in the evening.

And I went.  And I LOVED it.  I even decided to go swimming after the class.  So, that left me with just Computrainer that evening.

During the day work I dragged a lil bit, I mean I always do mid-day right?  Since I had a lil leeway I decided to try and hit Banana Republic on the way to the gym to see if they had any of the Sloan Pants in my size that I really really need.

I went to two Banana Republics and neither had any of them on sale :(  By the time I actually got to the gym (via Divvy) I was cold and tired and cranky.  And I just wanted to go home and go to bed.

But I was already at the gym, so I might as well go right?  The endorphins would kick in and I'd love life again, right?????

Well I did go to my Computrainer session, but endorphins didn't kick in and I didn't LOVE life.  I ate a breakfast bar right before I started (I was a lil hungry) and I set up my bike and then the Coach gave us our workout.  

After a warmup we had 6 x 5 minute segments where we were supposed to have our cadence at 60 rpm.  Except I don't have a cadence sensor!  So I had NO idea what my rpms were.  The coach said you should use the clock and your foot should be at the same spot every second…yeah that worked….NOT!!

And if anyone hasn't used a Computrainer before, if you have already plugged in your max threshold when you do one of these workouts you don't switch gears because the Computrainer applies pressure to your tire to get you to output a certain wattage.  Sometimes I wish the Computrainer would let me know if I am working hard enough or not!

We had 2 minute recoveries and we were to pedal with one leg for 30 seconds x2.  This was HARD!  I had no idea how hard it would be!

So yeah, I kinda left that training session more grumpy and way more tired and hungry then I walked in.  I'm not even sure if the whole effort was worth it.  My overall mileage was so low!  I did 13 miles in 70 minutes?!  But we were supposed to have low cadence….so….??

I dunno, do you ever regret doing a workout?  Is it sometimes better just to take the day off??

No comments:

Post a Comment